If you think you know everything about present tenses, perhaps you should watch the following videos about ALL their uses.
Please, skip the 2 first minutes if you know how to form the present simple tense.
- Using the present simple to talk about regular actions.
- How to talk about general truths, states and situations using the present simple.
- How to describe long-lasting situations with the present simple.
- Using verbs of sensing, feeling, thinking or speaking with the present simple.
- How to use the present simple to tell jokes or stories in conversational English.
- Using the present simple in commentary, e.g. for a sports match.
- Using the present simple to talk about future schedules.
Again, if you know how to form the present continuous you can skip the first minute and half (1.30 minutes).
- that an action is going on
- or an arragement in the future,
you can also use it for expressing:
- disgusting repetition with the adequate adverb